Monday, September 29, 2008

Welcome

I've been thinking about putting something like this together for a while now. I had the opportunity this year to market some Western Australian small press through two distributors here in WA who aim at libraries and schools. It struck me that while Australian small press produce some amazing works, often they receive little wider recognition due to a restricted distribution. This means authors don't receive all the kudos they should, general readership don't get access to many of these productions, and has a negative impact on further projects. I'd like to see that change. This is just my way of seeing if I can help increase the visibility of small press publishers in Australia to libraries, retailers and readers outside the traditional sales sphere of small press. My vision is grander than this little blog, but I'm starting here to see if I can get something going.

Please feel free to email me on australiansmallpress (at) gmail (dot) com with your blog or website details to add to the sidebar. I'll also be listing market calls and reading periods for markets, which I will list and post about when they are current. Future posts may focus on distribution, marketing, advertising, editing and many other relevant areas. Look forward to blogging with you!

1 comment:

Satima Flavell said...

Neat idea, Tehani! I'll watch this space:-)